Learn how 3 ideas from SOLIDWORKS Top Ten List 2020 are implemented from scratch in less than 25 minutes by watching this video
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional (formerly SOLIDWORKS EPDM) is Product Data Management system allowing to manage the life cycle of CAD documents.
Main feature include:
- Centralized vault for securing data files
- Data card for managing metadata
- Workflows management
- User access management
- Bill of materials management
- Concurrent file access management
- Integration with SOLIDWORKS and other CAD systems, such as AutoCAD, Solid Edge, ProE etc.
SOLIDWORKS PDM is a highly configurable system which can be customized for a specific business process.
SOLIDWORKS PDM API enables an access to a large number of API interfaces providing the possibility to extend the PDM functionality. This includes, but not limited to:
- Creating automation tasks add-ins with an ability to execute on a remote server
- Creating serial number add-ins
- Handling various events via SOLIDWORKS PDM hooks: file check in/check out, workflow change, etc.
- Extending the menus and toolbars
This section contains tutorials, code examples and snippets for the most common SOLIDWORKS PDM API functionality.