Learn how to streamline SOLIDWORKS add-in development using C# and VB.NET via free and open-source SwEx.AddIn Framework
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional (formerly SOLIDWORKS EPDM) is Product Data Management system allowing to manage the life cycle of CAD documents.
Main feature include:
- Centralized vault for securing data files
- Data card for managing metadata
- Workflows management
- User access management
- Bill of materials management
- Concurrent file access management
- Integration with SOLIDWORKS and other CAD systems, such as AutoCAD, Solid Edge, ProE etc.
SOLIDWORKS PDM is a highly configurable system which can be customized for a specific business process.
SOLIDWORKS PDM API enables an access to a large number of API interfaces providing the possibility to extend the PDM functionality. This includes, but not limited to:
- Creating automation tasks add-ins with an ability to execute on a remote server
- Creating serial number add-ins
- Handling various events via SOLIDWORKS PDM hooks: file check in/check out, workflow change, etc.
- Extending the menus and toolbars
This section contains tutorials, code examples and snippets for the most common SOLIDWORKS PDM API functionality.