This section contains collection of articles and code examples for customization of SOLIDWORKS application frame and managing documents using API.
3rd party add-ins and macros can extend and alter the main frame of SOLIDWORKS application. This includes
- Adding the menus and command groups into the header menu
- Creating toolbars with commands
- Creating command tabs and placing toolbars and commands under the tabs and groups
- Creating context menus specific to the various selection entities
- Finding information about existing commands, such as commands names and XY coordinates on the screen
Although some of the customization is possible in the macros, in most cases all the UI specific changes would be performed within the add-in applications.